Whether for your existing work space/building or for a new build project, commissioning a wireless site survey is crucial in the design and planning of your wireless network. There is nothing more frustrating, never mind costly, than having network issues which can totally disable the functionality of your building.
Bowker IT offer two different types of WiFi survey using the latest technology from Ekahau Connect. Several factors are taken into consideration in each type and include:
- Size and construction of the space in question
- What the building’s being used for
- The number of devices needing to access the network
- How much coverage is needed, any potential interference and, where applicable, your current network setup
Types of Survey:
The Predictive Desktop Survey:
This option uses high quality CAD drawings which help us to assess the building needs. The CAD drawings enable the software to produce a detailed, accurate and virtual image of the site and takes floor/wall materials into consideration, ensuring any potential ‘interference hotspots’ are identified.
The Predictive Desktop Survey does not require a site visit and is therefore both time and cost effective, although does not allow for any potential on-site issues (e.g cabling or even localised interference).
The Pre-Deployment Survey:
Whilst CAD drawings are still required for the Pre-Deployment Survey, it also involves a detailed on-site survey. The Ekahau Connect software reports on the signal strength and speeds etc whilst we’re ‘live’ on site using APoS (Access Point on a Stick). Our engineers emulate the coverage of the actual AP you’re planning to install, temporarily mount the AP at the height you plan to deploy it using the APoS.
The software then takes detailed readings to determine the wireless coverage, strength of the signal and any potential interference.
Bowker IT can carry out a Post Deployment analysis proving the strength and coverage of your WiFi network as a further integrity check should you feel the need, as an optional extra.
Benefits of a Bowker IT WiFi Survey:
- We design and create a bespoke network for your needs
- We ensure scaleability which prevents further unexpected costs
- Makes the most of your existing network
- We can diagnose any pre-existing issues
- Guarantees coverage and gives you piece of mind