13th November 2020
Bowker IT are looking for a new IT Engineer to join our fantastic team!
IT Engineer Job Description
We are seeking an experienced, proactive, hands on IT Engineer to join our expanding team based in Morecambe. Bowker IT is a well-established North West based company with ambitious growth plans and is recruiting in order to support this. Working both onsite and in the office you’ll be required to carry out strategic planning, implementation and ongoing support for SME and the Education sectors infrastructure solutions. You’ll be working in Windows, Hyper-V and VMware environments. You’ll need proven problem solving skills, excellent time management, and exceptional communication skills to manage client demands and expectations and have the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have previously worked within an IT company or managed service provider, be degree educated, have current MCSE qualifications, have a broad technical background and will preferably have experience in some but not all of the following areas:
• Good Windows, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO modelling. • Good networking experience (LAN/WAN/VLANs Firewalls). • Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation. • Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role.
• Previous IT Engineer\Technician experience. • Full UK driving licence.
• Recognised accreditation or Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, VMware VCP.
• Experience supporting Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems including Server 2008-2019, Windows 7/8/10
• Experience supporting Exchange Server and Office365 Hosted Exchange
• Experience with PowerShell and other common scripting languages
• Basic experience with MS SQL administration
• Working knowledge of leading Antivirus and Backup software solutions
• Basic knowledge of Virtualisation technologies and practices (VMware, Hyper-V)
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Understanding and experience of common support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
• IP Telephony
• Wireless Networking
Further experience of some of the following would be highly beneficial:
• Microsoft Azure
• SAN technologies. • HP Hardware.
• Ubiquiti Solutions • WatchGuard or Draytek Hardware. • Veeam Availability Suite.
• Building Security
• Experience supporting SharePoint
The successful candidate will be required to have the following personal skills:
• Ability to project a professional, friendly image.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Excellent Time management recording and management
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
The successful candidate will receive excellent career development and training opportunities and will be expected to gain Microsoft and VMware Certifications to further their career, 22 days holiday plus other benefits.
If you're interested, please send in your CV with brief covering letter to email@example.com or call for more details.