13th May 2019
Bowker IT are thrilled to have filled the vacancy! - We always recruit carefully and make sure they'll not only be a real asset to our clients but also to our fantastic team as a whole. We'll introduce you to him after the 1st June.. Can't wait for him to start!
IT Technician Job Requirements
As an IT Technician you will be based at the Morecambe office and will provide an all-round IT Service to external clients both SME and Education sectors.
Working in such a varied environment, you will be involved with a wide range of technical support queries, however, some of the more common tasks will include:
· First Line IT Support and remote access.
· Quote customers on new PCs, Laptops, Printers
· Proactive server monitoring and reporting.
· System checks.
· Back up monitoring and reporting.
· Assisted School and Site Visits if required
You will also be responsible but not limited to working on or within following areas:
• Windows, Active Directory • Have a basic knowledge with networking (LAN/WAN/Firewalls). • Escalate ongoing or 2nd, 3rd line issues
• Quoting customers • Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
• Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems including Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Windows 7/8/10
• Basic support of Exchange Server and Office365 Hosted Exchange
• Antivirus and Backup software solutions
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Understanding and experience of common support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
• Basic understanding of IP Telephony • HP Hardware.
• Basic support Wireless Networking • Basic Firewall support.
• Imaging and building PCs
Additionally, it expected that you are able to work in the following manner:
· Project a professional, friendly image.
· Excellent Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and completely
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Time management recording and management
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
· Maintain any IT qualification such as Microsoft accreditations.