3rd October 2019
Bowker IT are looking to recruit two apprentices to join our team!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hands on Infrastructure Technician Apprentice to join our expanding team based in Morecambe. Bowker IT is a well-established North West based company with ambitious growth plans and is recruiting in order to support this. Working primarily in the office with the occasional assisted site visits when needed. You will be required to carry out ongoing support for SME and the Education clients and their solutions. You will be working in Windows, Hyper-V and VMware environments. The successful candidate requires a strong desire to learn, develop problem solving skills, excellent time management, and exceptional communication skills to manage client demands and expectations and have the ability to handle multiple support requests simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have a basic technical IT understanding in some but not all of the following areas:
• Windows Desktop Operating Systems
• Desktop and Laptop builds (hardware and software) • Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation
• Strong MS Office knowledge including Outlook
• Knowledge of Antivirus and Backup software solutions
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Understanding and experience of common support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
The successful candidate will be required to have the following personal skills:
• Ability to project a professional, friendly image
• Excellent Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Excellent Time management recording and management
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
The successful candidate will receive excellent career development and training opportunities, and will be expected to gain Microsoft Certifications to further their position within the company, 22 days’ holiday plus other benefits.